Monday, March 3, 2014

More Shanken

More commercial galleries are accepting electronic art, especially web-based work (pg 50). I think this is something important to the modern artist or designer. Technology has given us another way to create art that's cleaner, portable, and easily editable. The different ways that we utilize Photoshop and illustrator helps us to learn and figure out what we are best at. Web-based art has allowed me to express myself in ways I couldn't through a painting. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and I think that by creating art electronically, I am more able to make corrections and use precise measurements that I wouldn't otherwise on a canvas. I don't want to say it's easier to do, but I do think it can be more time consuming because it's so easy to change small things and be unsure about stuff. It definitely allows us to critique and tweak the work more easily.

1 comment:

  1. Different approach to artmaking and production, right? Almost impossible to claim that new media projects are "easier/more difficult" than traditional practices; don't you think? Just different approaches?

    ReplyDelete